Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Short Story

"I swear. If she says one more thing to me..." I stopped suddenly. Biggie wasn't even paying attention. He was busy playing some game on his PSP. "Biggie. Biggie. BIGGIE!!" I screamed. He looked at me like I'd punched him in the face. "What is it Denise? I'm about to beat my high score!" We were sitting on the front steps of my house, something we did often in the summertime. Biggie leans against the stairail playing one of his many games and I rant about whatever is on my mind. "It's Ashely. I just don't understand why she needs to have thirteenth birthday party the same day I have mine. Her birthday is a week after her party. What is the point of that?!" Biggie didn't respond. He just went back to playing his game. Biggie is my best friend. He's lived next door since we were in third grade. His real name is Byron, but for whatever reason his family calls him Biggie. The first time I went to his house, I heard his older brother call him "Biggie" and so I did too. He didn't seem to mind me saying it. However, if anyone else makes that mistake, I suggest they get away from him fast. I don't really know why I thought I could have a conversation with him about my problems. Especially problems with Ashely Michelle Blair. I swear she's been trying to destroy my life since third grade. I mean, before we were okay. I could be in the same room with her and not want to choke her. But when Biggie moved into our neighborhood, everything went completely down hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment